Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let Us Feather Her Nest


My best friend and I threw a baby shower for our sweet Jenny (who is also my cousin).  It was a wonderful day, and we had a great time planning and hosting.

After a few trips to Surcee, Hobby Lobby, of course Target, things were shaping up.  We did a few craft projects, including these nest and flower magnets:

Jenny and Aunt B let us borrow a few baby and couple photos...Anna Jean has super model genes; she's going to be one beautiful baby.

I may have went a little overboard, and stuck one of their wedding photos in a frame.  I couldn't resist.  Again, they are a gorgeous couple.


Kristen made the adorable burlap bunting with the baby's name.

And, I put together a few winter scenes in glass terrariums and domes.

Everything is better with glitter.

Why, yes, I did paint that green table. 



 
A hot chocolate bar was a good accompaniment to our brunch, with the cold weather Saturday brought.

 Jason spent his vacation helping me complete a million projects around the house.  I married a great one. We were able to finish off the hardware on the china cabinet just in time for the shower. 

 Kristen had the great idea to tie the napkins around the silverware.  Functional and pretty!


 The Mama To Be.  Doesn't she look great?  She's all baby.  Beautiful inside and out.

For favors, we purchased wedding cake flavored cake truffles from Tiny Cakes and Truffles.  The baker made them into egg shapes and added pink sprinkles.  The truffles were so cute in their little nests.  I take no credit for wrapping them; Kristen did every single one of them.  I am a lousy bow tier.  I may have sampled a couple while she wrapped.


I will, however, take credit for thinking of putting the favors in my white trees in the dining room.  Take that, pinterest! We don't need you for ideas.  We think of our own just fine.  :)




It was a privilege to host this event alongside my friend for Jenny.  Jenny and Andrew are a God honoring couple who give of themselves to serve others.  I am happy to know them and call them friends.  Can't wait to see them become parents; they're going to be amazing.  What a fun day of celebration.  I look forward to meeting their sweet baby girl.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that I missed the shower. It looks BEAUTIFUL! You and Kristen did such an amazing job honoring Jenny and Anna. It's absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!! Loved the egg cakes and the gift wrapping. You ARE your mother's daughter, after all. ;). Beautiful job, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls did a great job!!! Jenny is beautiful mama to be!! I enjoyed visiting with you at the movie store!!
    Love what you have done with your Mom's hutch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for noticing the gift wrap! ;). I had a lot of fun with the "chalkboard" effect this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Stacy! It was great to see you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Katie! It was fun! Can't wait to meet this new niece of yours. :) I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete