
The task at hand could have been accomplished faster, had I done it myself. But, it was so much better seeing him attempt to work beside me.
As I watched my little boy so sweetly do what wasn't even asked, I couldn't help but make the connection: that is exactly how God feels when I give purely and intentionally. God doesn't need my help. He wants my heart.
Eli moved on to also give Preston two cups of food (we have to ration out our golden retriever's food, due to his massive appetite and lack of self control...I can relate ;) It is one of the cutest things to watch Eli do, feed "his" dog.


Not even a few minutes later, Eli found himself in the Calm Down Corner. He's just a little boy, and needs consistent correction. It was a minor offense, which he served his time for in time out (it's not even actually a corner, rather sitting in the hallway; Calm Down Corner just has a good, recognizable name). He made a quick recovery and apologized. I still loved him just as much when he was doing wrong, as when he was going above and beyond obedience. There's that connection again.
I am humbled and grateful that I get to be Eli's mom. God teaches me daily through him. What an amazing little boy. And, what an awesome God.

This made me teary. What a wonderful post, Ashlee. You're a great Mom.
ReplyDeleteSo well written, friend. LOVE the last pic. :)
ReplyDelete