A few years ago, I worked for an oil company with a really great group of people. My last week of working there, some of my sweet coworkers sent me a photo of Dorothy, the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and Lion from the movie, "The Wizard of Oz," with a caption that read "you are our Dorothy. What will we do if you leave?"
I read some things on Aunt B's Facebook tonight, memories posted of mom. They were hard, but good, to read, because it only reminded me that if I began to write what she means to me, it'd never end. Quite a few people have mentioned mom's love for shoes. She passed her shoe fetish right on to Tyler and Eli. Then, I thought of those ruby red slippers Dorothy wore.
There's no place like home. And, mom's in her forever home now. I am so thankful. But, I'm sad for myself and my family. Our home on earth feels a lot different without her. It's just like the movie...now that Mom's where she's supposed to be, her world in heaven is even more colorful than she was. And, our world got a little grayer. But, with each day, God is going to allow the color to return for us. And, one day, everything will light up so bright that we'll stand amazed in His presence. Until then, God, we need you to continue to wrap us in Your love and carry us through. There's no place like home.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
i know someone else she passed her love of shoes to ;) ... you're beautiful. your perspective amazes me. i can't begin to fathom your pain. i'm thankful our God does wrap us in His love and truly carries us through these hard, hard days. thank you for writing, and for sharing stories. i like to hear about your mom. :) i love you.
ReplyDeleteSuch strong and beautiful words, friend. You are continually in our prayers. Love you.
ReplyDelete