Wednesday, January 18, 2012

gotta start somewhere

Eli, you are one year old.  More specifically, sixteen months.  You have a baby book that chronicles your first year.  I'm great at taking pictures of you. I have an iPhone, two cameras, and a computer full of photos to prove it.  But, I'm not great about keeping up with and journaling about what we do.  So, I'll start here.  Today.  Today, Geep and G-Ma took you and me to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  It was so nice.  Your Geep has been retired for about two weeks now.  It's so fun to get to see him in the middle of the day now.  You love it.

You ate a big breakfast at Cracker Barrel: a sweet potato pancake, turkey sausage, bacon, milk.  You also wolfed down a blueberry - raspberry muffin.


You showed off your animal sounds.  Duck: quack quack, dog: arf! and woof, rooster: err-err-errr!, cat: mouwwww, lizard: you stick your tongue in and out, elephant: a funny zerbert noise.  The elephant is your favorite.  Nanny taught you the rooster.  The cat is my favorite; it sounds a little different every time.  We came back home and you played like you always do, made cookies at your kitchen, poured coffee, played with your cars and basketball, petted Preston.  You're really fun.  I love you like crazy.

2 comments:

  1. So I totally understand wanting to document your child's life. If not for anything other than a memory book. I had my blog years '07 and "08 made into a book and love looking back over them. I have got to step up my game with my blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll still enjoy reading about sweet Eli! That's basically all my blog is about anyway. ;) (Well, about E and D...not Eli.) ;)

    ReplyDelete